- A Manual for Above-Knee Amputees
- A Manual for Below-Knee Amputees
- Amputee Coalition of America (ACA)
- Amputee Coalition of Canada
- Amputee News
- Canadian Amputee Resources
- National Amputee Centre
Educational information for amputees and their families about all aspects of amputation.
Very good instructional videos on how people with different levels of amputation can perform specific tasks. Click on “watch instructional videos”
- War Amps
Canadian Sports and Recreation
- Canadian Amputee Golf Association (C.A.G.A)
- Canadian Amputee Hockey Team
- Canadian Amputee Sports Association
- Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing (CADS)
A volunteer based organization having the objective of assisting individuals with a disability to participate in skiing and snowboarding.
- Canadian Association for Disabled Skiing – National Capital Division
The National Capital Division is a member of CADS and oversees programs and services operating in the regions of Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.
- Canadian Paralympic Committee
A non-profit, charitable, private organization that delivers programs that strengthen the Paralympic Movement in Canada, including sending Canadian teams to the Paralympic Games. The CPC empowers persons with physical disabilities, through sport, at all l
- Freedoms Wings
Provides sports links for the physically disabled in Canada
- Sport Medicine
- Active Living Alliance for Canadians with a Disability (ALACD)
Promotes, supports, and enables Canadians with disabilities to lead active, healthy lives.
- American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists
- Amputee programs in Canada (PDF)
- Orthotics Prosthetics Canada
- ACA (Amputee Coalition of America) Publications (PDF)
Contact the ACA toll-free at 1-888-267-5669 for more information or to order.
- ACA’s Expectations
A resource guide for parents of children and teens with limb differences.
- ACA’s Limb Loss Education & Awareness Program (LLEAP)
Addresses the social stigma of children with disabilities, particularly those with a limb difference. With more than 20 classroom activities, the curriculum can be adapted for use with children from preschool through sixth grade.
- ACA’s Senior Step
A resource guide for older adult amputees and their caregivers.
- BC Brain Injury Association
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of BC & Yukon
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Sport Ability
- Sport Medicine
- The Cerebral Palsy Association of BC
- The Foot Health Network
A comprehensive source of foot health & foot care
Additional Prosthetic Resources
- Disability Tax Credit – Revenue Canada
- Neil Squire Society – retraining possibilities to re-enter the job market
See the BC Government web site for info on:
- Provincial Park Discounts
- Provincial Fishing License
- BC Ferries: Discount
- SPARC BC – Don’t forget parking spots & lots! If you display your ‘handicapped’ placquard, many of the spots designated for people with disabilities are not metered. Be sure to check the ‘fine print’! Also check your local enforcement agencies for their rules and privileges as they will no doubt vary from place to place.
*Disclaimer: we are not responsible for the authenticity or maintenance of the provided website links. At the time of posting they were deemed relevant and appropriate for informational purposes.